The Irish cream caramel kiss bubble tea shot is a unique mixture of Assam tea, Irish liqueur, and caramel. It is sweet, creamy, and delicious. The alcohol and caffeine contents are minimal, making it a great shot to share with friends and family.
No matter the occasion, this Irish cream caramel kiss shot is a great way to end the night. This recipe combines Assam tea with Irish cream liqueur, and the outcome is sweet and creamy yet well-rounded. Enjoy the shot as-is, or turn it into a full-sized cocktail.Print
What Does the Irish Cream Caramel Kiss Bubble Tea Shot Taste Like?
This shot is a dessert in a glass. The combination of Assam tea and Irish cream liqueur creates a lovely blend of malty and earthy flavors with the richly sweet creaminess of Irish cream.
Irish cream is a whiskey-based coffee liqueur that gives this drink a hint of a mocha flavor with a touch of vanilla. The Assam adds a bit of a spicy, malty note, and the whipped cream and caramel syrup make it sweet.
Is This Shot Strong?
Irish cream liqueur has a lower ABV than other liquors. It is typically between 15% and 20%, whereas liquors such as whiskey contain around 35% to 40%. Also, a typical shot has three tablespoons, but this shot only calls for two tablespoons of liqueur.
Everyone has different tolerance levels, so the answer to this question is subjective. In general, the Irish cream caramel kiss bubble tea shot is not strong.
How Much Caffeine Is in the Irish Cream Caramel Kiss Shot?
There is very minimal caffeine in this shot. A typical cup of Assam tea contains around 60 mg of caffeine (when the tea bags are steeped for the minimum amount of time). Because this recipe only calls for two tablespoons of tea, there is only about 7.5 mg of caffeine in this shot.
However, you could substitute espresso for tea, increasing the caffeine and giving this shot more of a latte feel. It would almost be like an Irish coffee, but a smaller version. You could also use chai tea rather than Assam tea if you want a delicious-tasting shot with less caffeine.
If you want the shot without caffeine, you could use decaf tea, though the flavors may change slightly.
Can You Make This Shot Into a Cocktail?
Absolutely! Many variations of this shot could make a great boba cocktail! Try one of these great combinations:
- Staying closest to the recipe, add 6 oz of Assam tea, a full shot (3 oz) of Irish cream, and a 1/2 shot (1 1/2 oz) of Irish whiskey. Serve over ice and garnish with whipped cream.
- You could substitute the tea base for hot chocolate, add a shot of Irish cream, and a 1/2 shot of spiced rum.
- Another delicious variation could have coffee americano as the base, add a shot of Bailey’s Irish cream liqueur, a half shot of chocolate liqueur, and a half shot of Kahuha. Also, try making this into an iced coffee cocktail by serving it cold over ice!
- If you are looking for a festive treat for the holiday season, try combining peppermint schnapps with Bailey’s cream liqueur and hot chocolate. Top it off with some marshmallows and whipped cream, and enjoy!
- Why not make a variation of a mudslide milkshake by combining Assam tea, Kahlua, and Bailey’s, and add a shot of vodka in a blender with some vanilla ice cream? Blend up and serve in a glass glazed with chocolate syrup and top with some whipped cream and chocolate chips.
- Another festive cocktail you can make combines pumpkin spice cold brew, Irish cream liqueur, and boba pearls into a deliciously smooth boba cocktail.
As you can see, you can get creative with these drink recipes!
Where Can You Buy This Boozy Boba Drink?
If you are looking for this shot, you will find something similar at Bubbleology in East Village, New York City. However, some ingredients may be a bit different.
If you want this exact shot, follow this recipe and make it at home!