As the name suggests, this indulgent shot has only a hint of caramel flavor. The addition of sugary tapioca pearls adds an extra layer of chewy sweetness to this creamy shot, and the tea cuts the sweetness just a bit, giving it a bit of an earthy flavor.
- 1 tbsp tapioca pearls
- 2 tsp freshly brewed Assam tea
- 2 tbsp Irish cream liqueur
- Ice cubes
- Whipped cream and caramel sauce to garnish
- Put the tapioca pearls in the bottom of the shot glass.
- Add the Assam tea and Irish cream liqueur to a shaker with a few ice cubes.
- Shake for five seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a shot glass and top it with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Drizzle the caramel inside the shot glass for aesthetics and extra sweetness before filling it. Mix things up and try different types of syrup, like white chocolate syrup or hazelnut syrup.
Dip the rim of the shot glass in honey and then roll it in crushed pecans, sprinkles, dark chocolate, or butterscotch shavings.
Instead of using traditional tapioca pearls, try popping boba.
- Cook Time: 2 minutes