Unlike traditional mint tea bags, this recipe has caffeine and an authentic flavor. Enjoy it as a hot or iced tea. Cool the milk tea to room temperature for iced tea and pour it over ice.
10–12 fresh mint leaves
2 cups water
2 black tea bags
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp powdered ginger (optional)
2 tbsp white sugar (or jaggery)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the black tea bags and the ginger (if using).
- Add the sugar and milk, and stir to combine.
- Let steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Add the fresh mint leaves and let steep for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain the mixture, reserving the tea and discarding the mint leaves.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve warm.
Jaggery is an Indian sweetener made from raw sugar, but you can use your favorite sweetener.
Turn this pudina milk tea into a bubble tea by adding tapioca pearls or your favorite bubble tea topping.
Pudina mint tea often uses spices like fresh ginger, lemongrass, cardamom, tulsi, cinnamon, fennel, or crushed cloves. Add a pinch of some or all of these spices when you add the black tea.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes